Top Picks: Top 20 PHP Hosting Providers of 2023
Looking for the best PHP hosting provider for your website in 2023? Look no further! I've done the research for you and compiled a list of the top 20 PHP hosting providers, making it easy for you to choose the perfect provider for your needs. From speed to security to customer support, our list covers it all.
Building a website takes patience, dedication and time. But on 000webhost, it’s easy, fast & fun.Visit website➔
From our easy-to-use tools, to our free website migration, to our unmatched Guru Crew Support, we provide everything you need to create a successful website.Visit website➔
AccuWeb is a web hosting provider that offers a range of hosting services including shared hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated servers. TVisit website➔
Bluehost is one of the largest website hosting providers and powers millions of websites.Visit website➔
Save time & money with simple and reliable cloud hosting trusted by 80,000+ agencies, developers, and businesses that demand high performance from their websites!Visit website➔
Fully managed hosting service with top-rated technical support. Based on 10 000 support requests, we resolved 83% of the issues in less than 15 minutes.Visit website➔
Fortrabbit is PHP as a service (managed). A cloud computing platform for PHP developers.Visit website➔
All the help and tools you need to grow online: websites, domains, digital + social marketing, ecommerce, bookkeeping and web security - plus godaddy guides with you every step of the way.Visit website➔
Since launching in 2008, GreenGeeks has been the industry's leading eco-friendly green web hosting provider putting back 3 times the power consumed into the grid in the form of renewable energy.Visit website➔
A ton of website hosting options, 99.9% uptime guarantee, free SSL certificate, easy WordPress installs, and a free domain for a year.Visit website➔
Hostinger International, Ltd is an employee-owned web hosting provider and an ICANN-accredited domain registrar. Established in 2004, the company is headquartered in Lithuania and employs more than 1,000 people.Visit website➔
HostPapa is a Canadian-based privately owned web hosting company that provides shared, reseller, and virtual private server hosting.Visit website➔
Fast and Reliable web hosting for personal or business use. Everything you need to get your website online today.Visit website➔
Top-rated Shared Hosting plans for small & medium business owners. Web hosting with free domain, cPanel, unlimited bandwidth, NVMe SSDs.Visit website➔
InterServer is a leading managed web hosting, Cloud VPS hosting, dedicated server and colocation provider. All with 24/7 support, competitive pricing and up-time guarantee.Visit website➔
IONOS, your digital partner for cloud solutions and web hosting, supporting your needs from websites, domains, servers, and more.Visit website➔
Create your website with reliable web hosting from IPage, and get a free domain name, free email address, free website builder & more.Visit website➔
We provide you with an unrivaled hosting experience, delivering 99.999% uptime & 24/7 access to the Most Helpful Humans in Hosting®.Visit website➔
Get cheap web hosting services with Namecheap. Do you run a professional business or a personal WordPress website? Get 24/7 support, FREE Whois privacy protection, plus email & URL forwarding, when you register today.Visit website➔
ScalaHosting provides scalable web hosting, reseller hosting and cloud server hosting. Trusted by customers from 120+ countries.Visit website➔
SiteGround is a web hosting company, founded in 2004 in Sofia, Bulgaria. As of January 2020, it provides hosting for about 2,000,000 domains worldwide.Visit website➔
Good to know...
What should I look for in a PHP hosting provider?
When looking for a PHP hosting provider, there are several factors to consider:
- Server performance and uptime: Look for a provider with a strong reputation for server performance and high uptime guarantees to ensure your website stays up and running.
- PHP version compatibility: Make sure the provider's server environment supports the version of PHP your website uses to avoid compatibility issues.
- Security features: Look for a provider with robust security features, including firewalls, malware detection, and SSL certificates to protect your website from potential threats.
- Customer support: Consider a provider with reliable and responsive customer support available through multiple channels, including phone, email, and live chat.
- Easy-to-use tools: Look for a provider with user-friendly tools for managing your website, including control panels, website builders, and 1-click installation of popular PHP applications.
- Pricing and plan options: Choose a provider with transparent and affordable pricing and flexible hosting plans to meet your website's needs.
- Additional features and perks: Consider providers that offer free domain registration, website migration services, and other additional features to add value to your hosting plan.
- Reputation and user reviews: Read reviews from other users and check the provider's reputation in the industry to ensure you are choosing a reliable and trustworthy hosting provider.
How does PHP hosting differ from other types of web hosting, such as shared hosting or VPS hosting?
PHP hosting is a type of web hosting that specifically supports websites built using the PHP programming language. It can be offered in various hosting types, including shared hosting and VPS hosting. Here are some key differences between PHP hosting and other types of web hosting:
- Shared Hosting: Shared hosting is a type of hosting where multiple websites share the same server resources. In shared hosting, the server resources, including CPU, RAM, and storage, are shared among all the websites hosted on the server. PHP hosting is often offered as a type of shared hosting plan, where multiple websites can run on the same server, using the same PHP version and settings.
- VPS Hosting: Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting is a type of hosting where a single physical server is divided into multiple virtual servers, each with its own resources and operating system. VPS hosting can offer more flexibility and control over server settings and resources than shared hosting. PHP hosting can also be offered in a VPS hosting environment, allowing more customization and control over PHP settings and configurations.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated hosting is a type of hosting where a single physical server is dedicated to one website or application. In this type of hosting, the website owner has complete control over the server's resources and configurations. PHP hosting can also be offered as a dedicated hosting plan, providing maximum control and flexibility over the PHP environment.
In summary, PHP hosting is a type of web hosting that supports websites built using the PHP programming language, and can be offered in various hosting types, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting. The choice of hosting type depends on the website's traffic, resource needs, and level of control required over the hosting environment.
Ensuring the security of your PHP website on a hosting server is crucial to protect your website and data from potential threats. Here are some steps you can take to enhance the security of your PHP website:
- Choose a Reliable and Secure Hosting Provider: Choose a hosting provider that offers strong security measures, including SSL certificates, firewalls, malware detection, and regular security updates.
- Keep PHP and Applications Up-to-Date: Ensure that your PHP version and any applications or plugins used on your website are kept up-to-date with the latest security patches and updates.
- Use Strong Passwords: Use strong passwords for your website's admin panel, FTP, and database access, and avoid using easily guessable passwords or the same password across multiple accounts.
- Implement SSL Encryption: Install an SSL certificate on your website to encrypt data transmitted between the server and user's browser, ensuring secure communication and protecting sensitive information.
- Regularly Backup Your Website: Regularly backup your website and database to ensure you have a copy of your data in case of a security breach or data loss.
- Monitor Your Website: Regularly monitor your website for any suspicious activity, including file changes or unauthorized access, and take action immediately if any security issues are identified.
By implementing these security measures, you can help ensure the security of your PHP website on a hosting server and protect your website and data from potential threats.
What is generally needed for hosting a website with PHP like WordPress?
To host a PHP website, you need the following:
- A Web Hosting Plan: You need to subscribe to a web hosting plan that supports PHP. Hosting plans can vary in terms of features, resources, and pricing, so choose one that meets your website's needs.
- PHP: You need to have PHP installed on the web server where your website is hosted. Most web hosting providers offer PHP pre-installed on their servers, but it's important to check the version and configuration to ensure compatibility with your website.
- Database: If your website uses a database, such as MySQL, you need to ensure that the web hosting plan includes a compatible database system and sufficient storage space for your data.
- FTP/SFTP Access: To upload and manage your website files, you need FTP or SFTP access to the server. Most web hosting plans include FTP/SFTP access, but it's important to confirm this before signing up.
- Domain Name: To make your website accessible on the internet, you need a domain name. You can register a domain name separately or choose a web hosting plan that includes a free domain name.
- Control Panel: A control panel, such as cPanel or Plesk, can simplify website management tasks, including file uploads, database management, and email account setup.
By ensuring you have these essential components in place, you can set up and host a PHP website on a web hosting plan.
Do I need cPanel to host a PHP website?
No, you do not necessarily need cPanel to host a PHP website. cPanel is a popular web hosting control panel that simplifies website management tasks, including file uploads, database management, and email account setup. However, there are other web hosting control panels available, or you can choose to manage your website files and configurations manually through FTP/SFTP or command-line interface.
Some web hosting providers may include a custom control panel, or offer alternative control panels such as Plesk or DirectAdmin. These control panels may offer similar features to cPanel, but with different interfaces and functionality.
Ultimately, the choice of whether to use a control panel or manage your website manually depends on your preferences and technical abilities. While a control panel can simplify website management tasks, it may also limit flexibility and customization options. On the other hand, managing your website manually can provide greater control and flexibility, but may require more technical knowledge and time.