Top Picks: 7 E-Commerce CMS
E-commerce content management systems (CMS) are designed to help businesses create and manage online stores. These CMSs come with a range of features, such as product management, payment processing, and customer management, to help businesses streamline their online sales processes. In this list, we will explore some of the top e-commerce CMS options available, each with its own unique set of features and benefits. Whether you are a small business looking to sell products online, or a large corporation in need of a robust e-commerce platform, this list has something to offer.
Good to know...
Why Should a business choose an E-Commerce based CMS?
Businesses choose e-commerce content management systems (CMS) for several reasons:
- Easy to use: E-commerce CMSs are designed to be user-friendly, making it easy for businesses to create and manage an online store without the need for technical expertise.
- Customizable: E-commerce CMSs are highly customizable, allowing businesses to tailor their online store to their specific needs. From customizing the design to adding features and functionality, e-commerce CMSs offer a range of customization options.
- Cost-effective: E-commerce CMSs are generally more cost-effective than building a custom e-commerce website from scratch. This can be especially useful for small businesses with limited budgets.
- Time-saving: E-commerce CMSs come with a range of features and tools that can help businesses save time, such as automated inventory management and order processing.
- Scalable: E-commerce CMSs are designed to be scalable, meaning businesses can start with a small online store and expand as their business grows.
Overall, e-commerce CMSs offer businesses an efficient and cost-effective way to create and manage an online store. With a range of customization options, time-saving features, and scalability, they are an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes.
What features are common in a E-Commerce CMS?
E-commerce content management systems (CMS) come with a range of features and functionality that help businesses create and manage online stores. Here are some of the most common features you can expect to find in an e-commerce CMS:
- Product management: E-commerce CMSs come with tools for managing products, including adding new products, updating existing products, and managing inventory levels.
- Shopping cart: A shopping cart feature allows customers to add products to a virtual cart and checkout when they are ready to make a purchase.
- Payment processing: E-commerce CMSs come with built-in payment processing, allowing businesses to accept online payments via credit cards, PayPal, or other payment gateways.
- Order management: E-commerce CMSs help businesses manage orders, including processing orders, tracking shipments, and managing returns.
- Shipping integration: E-commerce CMSs can integrate with shipping carriers to provide real-time shipping rates and print shipping labels.
- Marketing and promotions: E-commerce CMSs come with built-in marketing and promotion tools, including discounts, coupons, and email marketing.
- Analytics and reporting: E-commerce CMSs come with analytics and reporting tools that provide insight into sales data, customer behavior, and other metrics.
- Customization: E-commerce CMSs are highly customizable, allowing businesses to customize the design, functionality, and features of their online store.
Overall, these features are essential to creating and managing a successful e-commerce website. E-commerce CMSs make it easy for businesses to manage products, payments, and orders, while providing a range of marketing and promotional tools to help increase sales.
What is the cost of using the eCommerce CMS platform and are there any hidden fees?
The cost of using an eCommerce CMS platform can vary depending on the platform and the features and services you require. Some eCommerce CMS platforms offer free versions with limited features, while others charge a monthly subscription fee or a percentage of your sales. Additionally, there may be fees associated with add-ons, plugins, and integrations.
It's also important to consider any additional costs associated with setting up and launching your eCommerce store, such as web hosting, domain registration, and SSL certificates.
What payment and shipping options are supported by the eCommerce CMS platform?
The payment and shipping options that are supported by an eCommerce CMS platform can vary depending on the platform and the integrations and plugins that are available. Here are some common payment and shipping options that are supported by many eCommerce CMS platforms:
- Credit and debit cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Amazon Pay
- Bank transfers
- Flat rate shipping
- Free shipping
- Real-time carrier shipping rates (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.)
- International shipping
- Local pickup
- Delivery tracking
- Print shipping labels
- Multiple shipping methods
It's important to carefully review the payment and shipping options that are supported by any eCommerce CMS platform you are considering, as well as any associated fees or transaction costs. You should also consider whether the platform integrates with the payment and shipping providers you prefer to use, as well as any additional features and services you may require, such as tax calculation or delivery tracking.
By choosing an eCommerce CMS platform with a wide range of payment and shipping options, you can provide your customers with a convenient and flexible checkout experience, while also streamlining your shipping and fulfillment processes.